Creating and sending an invoice
Create an Invoice
Watch this video on how to create and send an invoice to your customer, or read on below:
Go to the Invoices on the left side menu, then click on the Add invoice button in the top right corner to start creating an invoice.
- Wafeq automatically generates an Invoice Number in a sequence.
- Choose the Currency in which you want to send your invoice.
- (Optional) You may add the Purchase Order that you received from your buyer.
- Choose the Contact corresponding to the buyer from your contact list, or create the contact directly in the invoicing form.
- (Optional) Assign the invoice to its specific Project. This allows you to track the profitability of your various projects.
- If you’re VAT-registered, indicate the Place of Supply so Wafeq can generate your VAT return correctly for you.
- Set the Date on which the invoice is created and then its Due Date.
- In the Invoice Line Item:
- (Optional) Choose the Item for which you are invoicing, or create it directly.
- Write a short Description indicating the details of the item you’re selling.
- Choose the Account where you’d want the revenue to be categorized, this is usually your Income Account, like Sales.
- Indicate the Quantity of the item sold and its Price
- (Optional) Add a VAT Rate and a Discount if it applies in your case.
- (Optional) In the Notes, you can include details on how you would like to receive the payment. Wafeq will automatically re-use this field the next time you create an invoice.
- (Optional) Add a Stamp or your Signature to the invoice.
- Click Save and Send to send the invoice directly from Wafeq, or Save if you prefer to send it manually.
Important: Only invoices marked as Sent will be recorded as revenue.
Note: You can also import your invoices using the import feature.
- Creating a recurring or scheduled invoice
- Recording sales from a Point of Sale with Simplified Invoices
- Recording a customer invoice payment
- Recording bank fees and invoice payments
- Recording a customer advance or downpayment
- Sending a payment receipt to your customer
- Writing off an invoice
- Choosing an account for an invoice or bill line item
- Offering discounts in fixed amounts