Learn by watching
Watch this video on how to import your multi-line data or read on below. Importing your data into Wafeq
You can import multi-line invoices and bills using the Import feature.
Multi-line imports apply to documents that have can have multiple line items such as invoices, simplified invoices and bills.
How multi-line imports work
Since invoices (or bills) must have one or more line items, during your import Wafeq will ask you which column uniquely identifies an invoice. Wafeq will use this column to make sure that line items having the same invoice identifier are imported into the same invoice.
The easiest way to obtain a template that matches the invoices and bills sheet header in Wafeq is to export them to CSV and only keep the header.
Your file must therefore be structured as follows:
- Each row in your file must represent one line item in an invoice.
- Columns that are mapped to an invoice-specific field (such as the Date or Invoice Number) must be repeated in each row.
- You must include a column that uniquely identifies an invoice. This column value must be the same for all line items, so that Wafeq can tell which line items belong to the same invoice, For example, you may use the Invoice Number column as a unique identifier, create your own unique identifier column while you’re preparing the import file.
- Columns that are dropdown (such as Contact, Account, Tax Rate, Item, Projects) must use the exact spelling of the value. For example, if you have a contact called “My Customer ABC” in Wafeq, in your import file you must use the exact, case-sensitive spelling.
- Wafeq will not automatically create missing Contacts, Accounts, Tax Rates, Items, Projects. You must make sure that they exist in Wafeq before including them in an invoice import file.
You can import incomplete invoices or bills
You do not need to import all columns. Wafeq will allow you to import an incomplete invoice or bill if you wish. You can then complete it after you import.