In 2023, getting a recognized accounting certificate like ACCA could be a game-changer for millions of people worldwide. For that reason, we summarized every reason why you should also consider one in this article, including what ACCA is, what it provides, and how you can get one—read on to see it all.
What Does ACCA Stand For, And Why Is It Important?
Just what is the ACCA?
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a prominent organization in the field of accountancy found all over the world.
The ACCA qualification is recognized internationally, and other nations accept it as being on par with their own national qualification when it is presented to them.
Employers will see the ACCA qualification as evidence that you are skilled in all facets of running a business.
It has more than 500,000 members and students in 170 different countries, making it the most widespread and rapidly expanding certification globally.
What Does The ACCA Qualification Provide?
It allows you to become a Chartered Certified Accountant, use the initials ACCA after your name, and work in any element of finance or management in any company.
It brings improved opportunities for finding work as a direct result of demonstrating competence in every aspect of commercial life.
Demonstrates to a potential employer that you are equipped with the knowledge and abilities required to advance to more senior management roles.
Increased prestige not just in the eyes of potential employers but also of existing customers.
With more than 320,000 students and members in 170 countries, it is the world's largest and fastest-growing worldwide professional accountancy association. Its members come from a variety of backgrounds.
Having such a qualification is evidence that the holder possesses skills and knowledge that are in high demand by employers in industries such as industry, banking, auditing, consulting, and other professions such as taxation and law.
Candidates obtain specialized knowledge in finance and accounting and develop vital organizational administration and strategy abilities. Candidates enjoy both of these benefits during the course of the program.
The certification does not just focus on theoretical concepts, unlike universities, but instead prepares graduates for applying their knowledge.
The certification satisfies the requirements set out by the International Financial Accounting Standards (IFAC) and was developed in accordance with those standards.
The Professional qualification is of high quality and is equal to finishing a complete University Degree with exams twice a year.
Additionally, the Professional qualification is of a high grade.
Students have the opportunity to maintain their employment while pursuing their academic pursuits, giving them a chance to get professional experience as well as the sense of accomplishment that comes with
ACCA Qualification Pros & Cons
|Flexible qualification||Not as prestigious as MBA|
|Widely recognized||Could be costly|
|Many career opportunities||Often high entry barrier|
Did you realize that the ACCA qualification is quite flexible?
You have ten years to finish all of your tests, you may study while you are working, you have access to a large variety of free ACCA study resources, and you can study at home.
MBA vs. ACCA: Which One To Choose?
There is no question that MBA programs provide a high level of advanced education and are esteemed everywhere in the globe; yet, a significant number of MBA programs are not recognized by either workplaces or enterprises.
Since a university is responsible for determining and evaluating an MBA program's curriculum and overall quality, there are no universally accepted content or quality criteria.
Because of this, one Master of Business Administration degree cannot be compared to another.
Read more about 7 Best Paying Accounting Certificates In 2023.
5 Must-Know Facts About ACCA
- The ACCA, which stands for "Association of Chartered Certified Accountants," is a global professional organization that issues international certifications in business that are widely acknowledged and valued. It is acknowledged by countries that are members of the United Nations as well as the European Union.
- What are the requirements to obtain the qualification? In addition to having relevant practical experience, which you may obtain by working in any industry in the business world, you are required to pass a maximum of thirteen tests given in English.
- You have a total of ten years to complete the program, and each session allows you to take as many as four tests. In most cases, it takes between two and three years to become eligible.
- The professional qualification encompasses all aspects of the business world, including financial statements, management accounting, corporate taxation and legislation, auditing, and even business ethics!
- A great number of local and global businesses encourage or mandate that their staff members pursue education leading to this renowned certificate.
All in all, ACCA is a great way of getting recognized in the financial world.
Be it its credentials, or the knowledge and expertise it provides, ACCA has allowed thousands to pursue their dream careers, and now you also know what it takes—and gives—to get ACCA certified.
Start for Free
Use Wafeq - accounting system to keep track of debits and credits, manage your inventory, payroll and more.