- Please read this End User License Agreement and Terms of Service (this “EULA”) carefully as this EULA constitutes a binding contract between you, an individual user (“you”) and Wafeq FZ-LLC (“Wafeq”) governing your use of the Wafeq website found at https://wafeq.com (“Website”), any mobile applications (each an “App”), or other Internet services under Wafeq’s control and used to provide Wafeq’s services to you (the Website, Apps, and those Internet services are, collectively, the “Services”). By registering on the sign-up page, subscribing to the Company's Services, or otherwise accessing or using the Services, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by and comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. If you are using the Services on behalf of an entity, partnership, or other organization, then you represent and warrant that you: (i) are an authorized representative of that entity with the authority to bind that entity to this EULA, and (ii) agree to be bound by this EULA on behalf of that entity. If you do not agree, Customer (as defined below) is not permitted to use the Services.
- Any dispute, difference, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with this contract,
including (but not limited to) any question regarding its existence, validity, interpretation,
performance, discharge and applicable remedies, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of
the Courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre (“the DIFC Courts”).
Wafeq recommends that you print a copy of this Agreement for your records.
- “Customer” means you or, if you are using the Service on behalf of a company, entity, or organization, the entity, partnership or organization on whose behalf you are utilizing the Services.
- “Party” means either Customer or Wafeq and “Parties” means both Customer and Wafeq
- “Recipient” means a Customer who is an accountant, accounting firm, or other third party whose clients include Wafeq customers. Recipients access the Services in accordance with this Agreement for the purposes of obtaining, with their clients’ authorization, Customer Data about such clients to provide them services.
- "Representative" means a representative of Customer, including an accountant, accounting firm, or other third party, to whom Customer provides (or for whom Customer authorizes Wafeq to provide) access to Customer’s Data stored via the Services for the purpose of providing Customer professional services.
- “Sign-up” means the on-line sign-up process on Wafeq’s website.
- “Term” has the meaning set out in Section 6.
(2) Subscribing to the Service; Eligibility.
Customer subscribes for the Services by selecting them from the options available during Sign-up. In the event of any conflict between this EULA and the information provided during Sign-up, this EULA shall control. Customer and all Customer Personnel (as defined below) must be at least 18 years of age to use the Services. By agreeing to this EULA, you represent and warrant to Wafeq that: (a) you are at least 18 years of age; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Services; and © your registration and your use of the Services is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Customer agrees not to have or register for more than one account without express written permission from Wafeq. Wafeq reserves the right to suspend an account if it is determined that the user has violated these terms of service.
- License Grant. Subject to Customer’s complete and ongoing compliance with all the terms and conditions of this EULA and payment of all applicable fees, Wafeq hereby grants to Customer a personal, limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license during the Term, to access and use the Services through Wafeq’s available interfaces and to permit Customer Personnel (as defined below) to access and use the Services through Wafeq’s available interfaces, in each case, solely in connection with Customer’s internal business operations.
- User IDs. Upon Customer’s request, Wafeq will issue a Customer ID to Customer. Customer may share this Customer ID with each of its partners, shareholders, employees and contractors who are bound by confidentiality restrictions at least as restrictive as this EULA (“Customer Personnel”). Customer Personnel may only access and use the Service through the Customer ID and in compliance with this EULA. Customer will not allow Customer Personnel to share the Customer ID with third parties. Customer is responsible for all activity occurring under its Customer ID. Customer is responsible for all use of the Services by Customer Personnel and for maintaining the confidentiality of the Customer ID and will promptly notify Wafeq of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of the Services. Wafeq reserves the right to replace the Customer ID if it determines it may have been used for an unauthorized purpose.
- Internet Connectivity; Disclaimer. Wafeq may make the Services available for access via the Internet. Customer shall provide, at Customer’s own expense, all necessary hardware, applications and Internet connectivity necessary to access the Services. Customer acknowledges that the Internet is known to be unpredictable in performance, unsecure and may, from time to time, impede access to the Services or performance hereunder. Customer agrees that Wafeq is not in any way responsible for any interference with Customer’s use of or access to the Services or security breaches arising from or attributable to the Internet and Customer waives any and all claims against Wafeq in connection therewith.
- Limitations. Customer agrees that it will not, and it will not permit any Customer Personnel or any other party to: (i) permit any party to access or use the Services other than the Customer Personnel authorized under this EULA; (ii) modify, adapt, alter or translate any software underlying the Services, except as expressly allowed hereunder; (iii) sublicense, lease, rent, loan, distribute, or otherwise transfer the Service to any third party; (iv) except if, and solely to the extent that, such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise derive or determine or attempt to derive or determine the source code (or algorithms, structure or organization) of any software underlying the Services; (v) use or copy the any software underlying the Services except as expressly allowed hereunder; (vi) conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Services; (vii) use the Services to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam; (viii) use the Services to stalk, harass or harm another individual; (ix) use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Services (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts); (x) except if, and solely to the extent that, such a restriction is impermissible under applicable law, interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services; (xi) attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Services to which it does not possess access rights; (xii) upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code; (xiii) use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, “screen scrape”, monitor, “mine”, or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Services or the content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission; (xiv) impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent its affiliation with a person or entity; (xv) mirror or frame the Services or any content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages; or (xvi) publicly display or publicly perform any part of the Services. Customer may not use the Services for any purpose other than a purpose for which the Services are expressly designed. If Customer is prohibited under applicable law from using the Services, Customer may not use them.
- Suspension of Access. In addition to any other suspension or termination rights of Wafeq pursuant to this EULA, certain circumstances may require Wafeq to suspend or terminate (where appropriate), as determined in Wafeq’s discretion, Customer’s access to and/or use of, or otherwise modify, the Services and/or any component thereof, without notice in order to: (i) prevent damages to, or degradation of the integrity of, Wafeq’s Internet network; (ii) comply with any law, regulation, court order, or other governmental request or order; or (iii) otherwise protect Wafeq from potential legal liability or harm to its reputation or business. Wafeq will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Customer of the reason(s) for such suspension or termination action as soon as reasonably practicable. Nothing contained in this EULA will be construed to limit Wafeq’s actions or remedies or act as a waiver of Wafeq’s rights in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities. Wafeq will not be responsible for any loss or damages incurred by Customer as a result of any termination or suspension of access to or use of the Services.
(4) Reservation of Rights.
- Wafeq. Wafeq expressly reserves all rights in the Services and all other materials provided by Wafeq hereunder not specifically granted to Customer. It is acknowledged that all right, title and interest in the Services and all other materials provided by Wafeq hereunder, any update, adaptation, translation, customization or derivative work thereof, and all intellectual property rights therein will remain with Wafeq (or third party suppliers, if applicable) and that the Services and all other materials provided by Wafeq hereunder are licensed on a subscription basis and not “sold” to Customer. Wafeq reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of the Services. Certain of the names, logos, trademarks, trade names, service marks, content, visual interfaces, interactive features, information, compilation, computer code, products, services, and other materials displayed on the Services (“Wafeq Materials”), are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws of the United Arab Emirates, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. As between Customer and Wafeq, all Wafeq Materials, including intellectual property rights therein and thereto, are the sole and exclusive property of Wafeq or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or its third-party licensors. Customer is not authorized to use, sell, license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit adapt, or create derivative works from any such Wafeq Materials except as expressly authorized hereunder. Customer shall not acquire any right, title, or interest to the Wafeq Materials, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, except for the limited rights set forth in this EULA, and any goodwill associated therewith shall ensure solely to Wafeq, or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or its third-party licensors, as applicable. Any use of third party software or services in connection with the Services will be governed by such third parties’ licenses or terms of service and not by this EULA and may be subject to separate fees, including, without limitation, your mobile network operator’s fees, including fees charged for data usage and overage, which are Customer’s sole responsibility.
- Customer. Customer expressly reserves all rights in any information, records, files or other data that Customer (or Customer Personnel) loads, enters into, or otherwise makes available to Wafeq or the Services and all results from processing such data, including compilations, and derivative works thereof (the “Customer Data”), except that Customer grants Wafeq a perpetual, non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free, fully sublicenseable, fully paid-up license to use, reformat, modify, display, perform, reproduce, and create derivative works of the Customer Data: (i) in providing the Services to Customer or (ii) in connection with Wafeq’s internal business purposes. Unless specifically agreed in writing, each Party’s rights under this clause 4(b) extend to any update, adaptation, translation, customization or derivative work of Customer Data, made under this EULA.
- Feedback. In the event that Customer provides Wafeq any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to the Services (collectively “Feedback”), Customer agrees that Wafeq may use the Feedback to modify the Services and that Customer will not be due any compensation, including any royalty related to the product or service that incorporates the Feedback. Customer hereby grants Wafeq a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same. This is true whether Customer provides the Feedback on the Services or through any other method of communication with Wafeq.
(5) Customer Data.
- Responsibility. Customer has sole responsibility for the accuracy, appropriateness and completeness of all Customer Data. Wafeq will use the Customer Data it is provided in performing the Services and is not responsible for reviewing, validating or otherwise confirming the accuracy, appropriateness or completeness of Customer Data.
- Restrictions. Customer agrees not to upload or transmit any Customer Data: (i) that Customer does not have the lawful right to copy, transmit, distribute, and display (including any Customer Data that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that Customer might have with respect to the Customer Data); (ii) for which Customer does not have the consent or permission from the owner of any personally identifiable information contained in the Customer Data; (iii) that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates any intellectual property or other proprietary rights or violates any privacy rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity); (iv) that is false or misleading; (v) that is defamatory, obscene, or offensive; (vi) that violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil or criminal liability; or (vii) that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, spyware. malware, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- Indemnity. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Wafeq, its employees, officers, directors affiliates, suppliers, licensors, and other customers against any and all liability (including damages, recoveries, deficiencies, interest, penalties and reasonable attorney’s fees) to third parties (including, but not limited to, any Clients and the UAE government) arising out of or relating to: (a) violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) Customer Data, © Customer’s (or Customer’s Personnel’s) breach of any of its obligations, representations and/or warranties under this EULA; or (d) Customer’s use of the Services, including in combination with any third party software, application or service.
The term of this EULA (“Term”) shall commence upon the date the sign-up process is complete and will continue on a month to month basis for so long as Customer is current on all fees due unless or until terminated as permitted under this EULA. If Customer has elected to receive 1 free month of financial statements, notwithstanding anything else to the contrary herein, the Term will begin on the date the sign-up process is complete and end upon delivery of the 1 free month of financial statements as communicated by Wafeq (Pilot Term”). At the end of the Pilot Term, if Customer wishes to continue to receive the Services, Customer must begin paying for the Services.
(7) Customer Support.
- Technical Support. During the Term for the applicable Services, and for so long as Customer is current with its payment of all applicable fees, Wafeq will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide Customer with technical support services relating to the Services via its technical support website, email, or telephone.
- Web Support. Web support shall not include any tax or other professional or expert advice of any kind, including, but not limited to any advice regarding the appropriate handling of tax and accounting issues, or otherwise.
- Service Upgrades and Scheduled Downtime. Wafeq may update the Services in its sole discretion. Wafeq may from time to time schedule downtime for maintenance and upgrades.
- Data Storage & Backup. Wafeq is not responsible for performing, and is not liable for any failure to perform, any back-up of any data (including Customer Data) provided, transmitted, processed, or stored by Customer in or through the Services. It is Customer’s responsibility to backup onto Customer’s own local system all Customer Data, including all data and records that Customer submits to Wafeq.
- Call Monitoring. Wafeq may monitor and record support-related and other outbound calls to Customer, as well as inbound calls to Wafeq by Customer or Customer’s representatives, for compliance, support, training and other purposes. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Wafeq may record any call between Customer and Wafeq relating to the Service, and agrees to (i) notify all relevant Customer employees that calls with Wafeq may be monitored and (ii) indemnify and hold harmless Wafeq from any claim arising as a result of Wafeq’s monitoring or recording of calls between Wafeq and Customer’s representatives.
(8) Fees & Payment.
- Fees. Access to the Services may require Customer to pay fees. Before Customer pays any fees, Customer will have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that Customer will be charged. All fees are in UAE Dirhams and are, except as described in this Section 8, non-refundable. If Wafeq changes the fees for the Services, including by adding additional fees or charges, Wafeq will provide Customer advance notice of those changes. If Customer does not accept the changes, Wafeq may discontinue providing the Services to Customer. Wafeq will charge the payment method Customer specifies at the time of purchase. Customer authorizes Wafeq to charge all sums for the Services Customer selects, to that payment method. If Customer pays any fees with a credit card, Wafeq may seek pre-authorization of Customer’s credit card account prior to Customer’s purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover Customer’s purchase.
- Automatic Credit Card Payments. The Services may include functionality for activating, updating, or canceling recurring payments for periodic charges. If Customer activates or updates recurring payments through the Service, Customer authorizes Wafeq to periodically charge, on a going-forward basis and until cancellation of either the recurring payments or Customer’s account, all accrued sums on or before the payment due date for the accrued sums. If Customer uses the Service to updates or cancels any existing authorized one-time or recurring payment, it may take up to 10 business days for the update or cancellation to take effect.
- Late Payment. Customer may not withhold or “setoff” any amounts due hereunder. Wafeq reserves the right to suspend the Services until all past due amounts are paid in full.
- Certain Taxes. Fees quoted do not include and Customer shall pay, indemnify and hold Wafeq harmless from all sales, use, gross receipts, value-added, personal property or other taxes, and all applicable duties, tariffs, assessments, export and import fees or similar charges (including interest and penalties imposed thereon) on the transaction contemplated herein, other than taxes based on the net income or profits of Wafeq.
- Refunds. In the event of termination of the Services for any reason except for Customer’s breach, Wafeq may provide Customer with a refund of any pre-paid, but unused fees related to such Services, subject to the following: (i) no refund shall be paid for the current month’s services, regardless of the day on which Customer cancels the Services; (ii) Wafeq will retain and not be obligated to refund any prepaid fees up to and including the amount of fees Customer would have been required under this EULA to pay for Customer’s use of the Services for the two month period following the effective date of the termination of the Services. Customer is not entitled to any refund for Wafeq’s termination of the Services based upon Customer’s breach. If Customer purchased access to the Services at a discounted price, any refund will lose the benefit of that discount.
(9) Confidential & Proprietary Information.
- Definitions. For purposes of this section, a Party receiving Confidential & Proprietary Information (as defined below) shall be the “Recipient” and the Party disclosing such information shall be the “Discloser” and “Confidential & Proprietary Information” means all information disclosed by Discloser to Recipient during the Term and marked as “confidential” or “proprietary.” Customer hereby acknowledges that the Service will be considered Confidential and Proprietary Information belonging exclusively to Wafeq (or its designated third party supplier), and Wafeq hereby acknowledges that Customer Data will be considered Confidential and Proprietary Information belonging exclusively to Customer, in each case regardless of whether or not marked as “confidential” or “proprietary.” Discloser’s Confidential & Proprietary Information does not include: (i) information already known or independently developed by Recipient without use of or reference to any Discloser’s Confidential & Proprietary Information; (ii) information in the public domain through no wrongful act of Recipient, or (iii) information received by Recipient from a third party who was free to disclose it without confidentiality obligations.
- Covenant. Recipient hereby agrees that during the Term and at all times thereafter it shall not (i) disclose such Confidential & Proprietary Information of the Discloser to any person or entity, except to its own personnel, affiliates or contractors having a “need to know”, as permitted by this EULA (including Section 5(b)), or to such other recipients as the Discloser may approve in writing, including Representatives; (ii) use Confidential & Proprietary Information of the Discloser except to exercise its license rights or perform its obligations under this EULA; or (iii) alter or remove from any Confidential & Proprietary Information of the Discloser any proprietary legend. Recipient shall use at least the same degree of care in safeguarding the Confidential & Proprietary Information of the Discloser as it uses in safeguarding its own confidential information of a similar nature, but in no event shall less than reasonable care. Upon the earlier of Discloser’s written request or termination or expiration of this EULA, and regardless of whether a dispute may exist, Recipient shall return or destroy (as instructed by Discloser) all Confidential & Proprietary Information of Discloser in its possession or control and cease all further use thereof. Wafeq may retain a copy of such Confidential & Proprietary Information for the sole purpose of and to the extent necessary for it to comply with applicable legal, regulatory, and/or reasonable internal back-up or archival policies and requirements. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Recipient may disclose Discloser’s Confidential & Proprietary Information to the extent that such disclosure is necessary for the Recipient to enforce its rights under this EULA or is required by law or by the order of a court or similar judicial or administrative body, provided that prior to disclosing any Confidential & Proprietary Information due to a legal requirement, the Recipient promptly notifies the Discloser in writing of such required disclosure and cooperates with the Discloser to seek an appropriate protective order.
- Injunctive Relief. Recipient acknowledges that violation of the provisions of this section would cause irreparable harm to Discloser not adequately compensable by monetary damages. In addition to other relief, it is agreed that injunctive relief shall be available without necessity of posting bond to prevent any actual or threatened violation of such provisions.
(10) No Warranties.
- Content from other users, suppliers, advertisers, and other third parties may be made available to Customer through the Services. Because Wafeq does not control such content, Customer agrees that Wafeq is not responsible for any such content. Wafeq does not make any guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of the information in such content, and Wafeq assumes no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content made available by other users, advertisers, and other third parties or violation of any third party rights related to such content. The Services may contain links to websites not operated by Wafeq. Wafeq is not responsible for the content, products, materials, or practices (including privacy practices) of such websites. Customer understands that by using the Site and/or Services Customer may be exposed to third-party websites that Customer finds offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. Wafeq makes no warranty, representation, endorsement, or guarantee regarding, and accepts no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of third party websites, products or services accessible by hyperlink or otherwise from the Site or Services. Wafeq provides these links for Customer’s convenience only and does not control such websites. Wafeq’s inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the materials on such third party websites or any association with their operators. The Services may contain links to websites that are operated by Wafeq but which operate under different terms. It is Customer’s responsibility to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions of any other website Customer visits. CUSTOMER AGREES THAT IN NO EVENT WILL WEKEEP BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WEBSITES, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
- Warranty Disclaimer. THE SERVICES AND ALL MATERIAL OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WEKEEP HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, QUALITY, INTEGRATION OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. WEKEEP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR BE ERROR FREE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY CUSTOMER FROM THE SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE WEKEEP ENTITIES OR THE SERVICES THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS EULA. CUSTOMER ASSUMES ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM CUSTOMER’S USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICES, CUSTOMER’S DEALING WITH ANY OTHER USER, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT CUSTOMER USES THE SERVICES, AND USES, ACCESSES, DOWNLOADS, OR OTHERWISE OBTAINS MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICES AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES, AT CUSTOMER’S OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT CUSTOMER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO CUSTOMER’S PROPERTY (INCLUDING CUSTOMER’S COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES), OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF MATERIAL OR CONTENT.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND CUSTOMER MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION
(11) Limitation of Liabilities.
The Parties acknowledge that each provision of this EULA that provides for a limitation of liability, disclaimer of warranties, or exclusion of damages is intended to and does reflect a fair allocation of risk between the parties, and this allocation of risk forms an essential element of the basis of the bargain between the parties and shall survive and continue in full force and effect despite any failure of consideration or of an exclusive remedy. Each of these provisions is severable and independent of all other provisions of this EULA. The limitations in this Section 11 will apply even if any limited remedy fails of its essential purpose.
- Amount. IN NO EVENT WILL WEKEEP BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS EULA EXCEEDING FEES PAID IN RESPECT OF THE SERVICES AT ISSUE IN THE LAST THREE (3) MONTHS. THE EXISTENCE OF ONE OR MORE CLAIMS UNDER THIS EULA WILL NOT INCREASE THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY AMOUNT. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEKEEP’S SUPPLIERS HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS EULA.
- Type. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEKEEP BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY (I) SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (II) LOST SAVINGS, PROFITS, DATA, USE, OR GOODWILL, (III) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH POSSIBILITY, OR (IV) PERSONAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS EULA, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OF ACTION OR THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL TERM) OR OTHERWISE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WEKEEP BE LIABLE FOR PROCUREMENT OR COSTS OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY HEREIN.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WEKEEP BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING, OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR WEKEEP ACCOUNT, OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
- SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMER. TO THE EXTENT THAT WEKEEP MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR LIMIT LIABILITIES, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY AND THE EXTENT OF WEKEEP’S LIABILITY WILL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
Notices sent to either Party shall be effective when delivered in person or by email, one (1) day after being sent by overnight courier, or two (2) days after being sent by first class mail postage prepaid to the official contact designated below and immediately after being received by the other party’s server. Notices must be in writing and addressed as follows:
- For Wafeq, addressed to Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- For Customer, to the addresses or email address provided by Customer on Sign-up (as such address or email address may be updated by Customer from time to time in accordance with this EULA).
Wafeq may change its contact information by giving notice of such change to the Customer. Customer may change its contact information by using the currently available interfaces on Wafeq’s website. For contractual purposes, Customer (i) consents to receive communications from Wafeq in an electronic form; and (ii) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, documents, disclosures, and other communications (“Communications”) that Wafeq provides to Customer electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such Communications would satisfy if it were in writing. Customer’s consent to receive Communications and do business electronically, and Wafeq’s agreement to do so, applies to all of Customer’s interactions and transactions with Wafeq. The foregoing does not affect Customer’s non-waivable rights. If Customer withdraws such consent, from that time forward, Customer must stop using the Services. The withdrawal of Customer’s consent will not affect the legal validity and enforceability of any obligations or any electronic Communications provided or business transacted between Wafeq prior to the time Customer withdraws its consent.
You Consent to Receive SMS Text Messages from Us. By providing Wafeq with Customer’s mobile telephone number, Customer consents to receiving text messages at that number as requested for account verification, invitations, and other purposes related to the Service. While Wafeq does not charge a fee for text messages, Customer’s carrier may charge standard messaging, data, and other fees. Customer is responsible for these charges. Wafeq may send and receive text messages through cellular telephone operators or other networks, and the level of reliability may vary. Wafeq is not responsible for the timeliness or final delivery of the message, as this is out of our control and is the responsibility of the cellular telephone operator or other networks.
- On Notice. Either Party can terminate this EULA for their convenience by providing the other party with notice of termination prior to the last day of the then current monthly renewal.
- Generally. Either Party may, in addition to other relief, terminate this EULA if the other Party breaches any material provision thereof and fails within fifteen (15) days after receipt of notice of default to correct such material breach or to commence corrective action reasonably acceptable to the aggrieved Party and proceed with due diligence to completion. Either Party shall be in default hereof if it becomes insolvent, makes an assignment for the benefit of its creditors, a receiver is appointed or a petition in Bankruptcy is filed with respect to the Party and is not dismissed within thirty (30) days, or, in the case of Customer, for the failure to pay all applicable fees.
- Survival. Upon termination or expiration of this EULA for any reason: (i) all rights and obligations of both Parties (except for Customer’s payment of all sums then owing), including all licenses granted hereunder, shall immediately terminate except as provided below; (ii) within thirty (30) days after the effective date of termination, each Party shall comply with the obligations to return or destroy all Confidential Information of the other Party, as set forth in Section 9 (Confidential & Proprietary Information). The following Sections will survive expiration or termination of this EULA for any reason: the introductory paragraph, Sections (1), (3)(d), (4), (5(d)), (6), (10), (11), (13), and (14).
(14) General Provisions.
- Assignment. Customer may not assign this EULA or any of its rights or obligations hereunder to any third party without Wafeq’s prior written consent. Any assignment in violation of this section shall be void. Wafeq may assign this EULA without restriction and without any notice to Customer. The terms of this EULA shall be binding upon permitted successors and assigns.
- Arbitration. Any dispute, difference, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with this contract,
including (but not limited to) any question regarding its existence, validity, interpretation,
performance, discharge and applicable remedies, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of
the Courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre (“the DIFC Courts”).
- Arbitration is less formal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. This EULA to arbitrate disputes includes all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of this EULA, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of this EULA. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS EULA, CUSTOMER AND WEKEEP ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
- Customer and Wafeq must abide by the following rules: (a) for any claim that could otherwise be brought in small claims court, the arbitration shall be conducted solely based on written submissions and, if the arbitrator deems it appropriate, a telephonic hearing; (b) if the claim exceeds what can be recovered in a small claims court, the arbitration shall be conducted solely based on written submissions or a telephonic hearing, unless the arbitrator deems a face-to-face hearing is appropriate, in which case one should be held at a location agreed to by Customer and Wafeq, and if the parties cannot agree on a location for the hearing, the arbitrator will determine a location for the proceedings which is reasonably convenient to both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances; © the arbitrator’s ruling is binding and not merely advisory; (d) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY CUSTOMER OR WEKEEP MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (e) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, (f) in the event that Customer is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation, Wafeq will pay as much of Customer’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation, (g) Wafeq also reserves the right in its sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility for all of the costs of the arbitration; (h) the arbitrator shall honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (i) a decision by the arbitrator (including any finding of fact and/or conclusion of law) against either Customer or Wafeq shall be confidential unless otherwise required to be disclosed by law or by any administrative body and may not be collaterally used against either of them in existing or subsequent litigation or arbitration involving any other person/Wafeq customer; and (j) each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees’ and litigation expenses.
- Right to List As A Customer. Customer agrees that Wafeq may utilize Customer’s entity name in listings of current customers. Use of Customer’s name in any other marketing materials or press announcements will be submitted to Customer in advance for approval, and such approval will not be unreasonably withheld.
- Compliance with Export Regulations. Customer has or shall obtain in a timely manner all necessary or appropriate licenses, permits or other governmental authorizations or approvals; shall indemnify and hold Wafeq harmless from, and bear all expense of, complying with all foreign or domestic laws, regulations or requirements pertaining to the importation, exportation, or use of the technology to be developed or provided herein. Customer shall not directly or indirectly export or re-export (including by transmission) any regulated technology to any country to which such activity is restricted by regulation or statute, without the prior written consent, if required, of the administrator of export laws.
- European Union Residents. If Customer resides in the European Union (EU) or if any transfer of information between Customer and the Service is governed by the European Union Data Protection Directive or national laws implementing that Directive, then Customer consents to the transfer of such information outside of the European Union to its country and to such other countries as may be contemplated by the features and activities provided by the Service.
- Construction. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties rights and remedies under this EULA are cumulative. The term “including” means “including without limitation.” The headings of sections of this EULA are for reference purposes only and have no substantive effect.
- Force Majeure. Customer acknowledges and understands that if Wafeq is unable to provide Services as a result of a force majeure event Wafeq will not be in breach of this EULA and will not be liable for delays caused by such event. A force majeure event means any event beyond the control of Wafeq.
- Severable. NOTHING IN THIS EULA WILL AFFECT ANY NON-WAIVABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS THAT APPLY TO CUSTOMER. Any provision hereof found by a tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be illegal or unenforceable shall be automatically conformed to the minimum requirements of law and the validity, legality, and enforceability of all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Waiver. The failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, a right, power or remedy provided in this EULA or by law in one instance shall not preclude enforcement thereof on future occasions.
- Independent Contractors. Customer’s relationship to Wafeq is that of an independent contractor, and neither Party is an agent or partner of the other. Customer will not have, and will not represent to any third party that it has, any authority to act on behalf of Wafeq.
- Entire Agreement. This EULA constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any and all prior agreements, negotiations, or other communications, whether written or oral. This EULA may be executed in one or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which shall be taken together and deemed to be one instrument. A printed version of this EULA and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this EULA to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- Amendments. Wafeq reserves the right to change this EULA at any time and from time to time upon notice by posting revisions to this EULA (including the description of the Services) on Wafeq’s website. Continued use of the Services after Customer become aware of any such changes shall constitute Customer’s consent to such changes. Customer is responsible for regularly reviewing the most current version of this EULA which is available on Wafeq’s website.