Moving from Xero to Wafeq
To move from Xero you will want to download your data and then import them back into Wafeq.
How do I export my data from Xero?
- Create accounting data export files
- Make sure that you have the adviser role to be able to access and export most reports and the payroll admin access to be able to export pay run reports
- Make sure that all bank accounts in your chart of accounts have codes. If they don’t, add your codes
- Go to the Accounting menu, then click on Advanced, then on Export accounting data
- Select the product you want to import into
- Indicate the date range of the data you’re exporting
- Click on Download
How do I export the Chart of Accounts?
- From the Accounting menu, choose Advanced, then click on Chart of accounts
- Click on Export
- Your file will be downloaded to your computer as a CSV file.
How do I export Contacts?
- From the Contacts menu, select the contacts that you would like to export
- Click on the options button, then on Export
- Your contacts will be downloaded to your computer as a CSV file
How do I export Fixed Assets?
- From the Accounting menu, choose Advanced, then click on Fixed assets
- Click on Export
- The status of the asset: Draft, Registered or Disposed
- The book value: The current value of the book
- The accumulated depreciation: The accumulated depreciation of the asset at the date of the export
- The depreciation to date: The last date of depreciation that was run by Xero
- The disposal date: The date of disposal of the asset, if it applies to the assetYour export file will include the following
How do I export Invoices and Bills?
- From the Business menu, choose Sales overview for invoices or Purchases overview for bills
- Select the tab of the invoices and bills you want to export
- From the Search button, enter the date range to filter out the transactions you want to export, then click Search.
- Click Export.
How do I export the balance sheet?
- Choose Reports from the Accounting menu
- Click on Balance Sheet from the Financial menu
- Define the Date Range
- Finally, click on the Export to Excel icon
How do I export the trial balance?
- From the Accounting menu, choose the Reports, then click on Trial Balance
- Set the Date range you want to run the report for
How do I import my data to Wafeq?
To get started with Wafeq follow the steps in this article.