Using the Expenses sheet to enter expenses
Watch this video to see how easy and fast it is to enter expenses in Wafeq.
Recording an expense
To record an expense go to Expenses in the left side menu then enter your expenses one per row. For Wafeq to record these expenses in the books, the following fields are required:
- Date: The date of the expense.
- Account: The account where the expense will show up on the Profit and Loss report.
- Paid through account: The account from which the payment was made. e.g. The bank account from which you paid the expense.
- Amount: The amount of the expense in the chosen currency.
- The currency: The currency of the expense. Wafeq will automatically apply the exchange rate at the date of the expense to convert the amount to your base currency.
- Tax Rate: If you are tax registered, choose the relevant tax rate
- Amount is: This field is only required if you selected a tax rate. You must choose whether the amount is tax inclusive or exclusive.
Once these fields are completed, a yellow journal icon will appear in the first column indicating that an expense has been recorded in your books.
Additional / Optional information when recording expenses:
You can add optional details for your expenses, such as:
- Receipt: Click on the + button to add upload an attachment for your expense
- Vendor: The vendor of the expense
- Description: The description of the expense.
- Project: Select a project to assign to the expense if you are tracking project expenses.